Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Happiest Place on Earth

My dream this week is to have a successful career.

"Image: Tom Bricker"
My dream is to work for the Walt Disney Company. From many hours of research, getting a job at the happiest place on earth is a real possibility. Before I am able to get a full time position, I will need to complete a recent graduate internship. When people usually think of getting a job with Disney, they think of working in the park. However, there are so many jobs outside of the parks. Disney has five segments and many employees work within each. I am interested in working within any of the five segments. I will be graduating this May with a bachelor's degree in Management and a minor in Criminal Justice. I am more interested in working a job with more law aspects but, I am more than capable of working a management job.

I used to think getting an internship after graduation, rather than getting a job, was a dumb idea. Two reasons I changed my mind are most Disney internships are paid and most job listing require its candidate to have experience. The internship will not be an easy one but it will be fun and I will learn so much. My dream for getting the job is that Disney will see what a valuable asset I am and offer me a full time position once my internship is over.

I love Disneyland and just about everything else Disney. It is a great company with many opportunities to offer. It continues to make decisions that put it ahead of all other competitors. Purchasing Star Wars, Pixar and Marvel was a smart decision; and, I would love to work within those companies through Disney. Having a career doing a job that I love will make everything I have worked towards all worth it.

"A dream is a wish your heart makes"
Ilene Woods, Cinderella
"Image: Tom Bricker"

"Image: Aislinn Sweeney"

"Image: Aislinn Sweeney"
"Image: Aislinn Sweeney"

No comments:

Post a Comment