Friday, February 27, 2015

City of Lights

A dream I have had for a long time, is to visit Paris, France.

This dream may seem somewhat cliche; but, I want to be the typical tourist and visit everything that Paris has to offer. I am in love with the thought of Paris and hope one day that I can find out if it is everything I ever dreamed of.

"Image:Taylor Miles"
First, I want to visit every landmark that Paris is known for plus the ones they are not. The Eiffel Tower is at the top of my list. I want to go during the day to see the beauty of Paris and at night to see the "city of lights." I know there is an elevator to the top, but, I want to take the stairs so I can see the view from different levels. The next place on my list is Le Louvre. Some people go and spend a couple hours looking at the more famous artifacts; I am going to need at least a whole day, open-to-close, so I can look at every single thing in there. Le Louvre has so many great artifacts; I don't want to miss a single thing. Norte Dame De Paris is the next landmark I want to visit. The architecture is so beautiful and amazing. I want to see the gargoyles and the bells. I even want to feed the birds outside, another tradition that tourists do. Another place I want to see is the Arc De Triomphe. I want to walk through it and take time to look at the details. Some other places I want to visit are Versailles, Palais Royal, Musee d'Orsay, Panthéon, and Sacré Coeur Basilica. The last place on my list is Disneyland Paris. I love anything disney and anything Paris; so, of course I need to go.

"Image: Photophilde
"Image: Diana Robinson"
"Image: Yann Caradec"
Paris is not only known for its landmarks but, for its food too. I want to walk down the streets and go up to the little shops and get crepes. I want to eat crepes almost to the point of being ok if I never see another crepe again in my lifetime. I also want to eat some Croque Madames, a grilled ham and cheese with a poached egg on top. I have never had a macaroon; so, I'm not sure if I will like them, but, I would love to try some in Paris. For breakfast on some days I dream of eating some Pain au Chocolat, a croissant with chocolate. Heck, I would even be down to try some of the many different cheeses Paris has. I really want to eat some Gelato; I have only heard great things and am excited to try it some day. Like landmarks, Paris has so many great food options; and, I dream that in the future I will be able to try it all.
"Image: Emille Hardman"
"Image: Robyn Lee"

I want to get the whole experience that Paris has to offer; so, I would be down to try just about anything. I could go on forever about things I want to do while visiting, but there is not enough time in the world. If you have suggestions or ideas that you do not see but recommend, please leave a comment below.

Rêveurs d'au revoir!
(Till next time Dreamers)

No comments:

Post a Comment