Friday, March 20, 2015

Tale As Old As Time

If you have seen Disney's Beauty and the Beast, you probably remember that iconic library that Beast gave to Belle; if you have not seen the movie, stop reading this and go watch it. The reason I bring up the library is because my dream is to one day have my own amazing library.
"Image: Tours Departing Daily"
This is not the library from the movie but a reproduction of the Beast's library in Disney's California Adventures in Anaheim, CA.

There is not enough time or money for me in the world to obtain such a vast collection. I want to start with the books that are my favorite and move on to books from my favorite genres. After that I want to own classics, first editions and any other books I can get my hands on. I want to build a library that is iconic to me.
"Image: Pesky Librarians"
"Image: Sunchild57 Photography"

Most people do not know that I am a big book nerd, but, those that are close to me do. I love getting lost in a great story, getting to know all the characters and losing track of time saying "just one more chapter." When reading I love the feeling of holding an actual book; I am not a fan of nooks or kindles. I know that with electronic mediums, you can access the books much faster and easier to travel with. With school I do not have a lot of free time; but, not enough time for me to start reading by electronic mediums. I wish I had more time for reading for fun; reading for school is not the same and is not something I enjoy. Text books will not be making an appearance in my library.
"Image: Erik Schepers"
"Image: Alienratt"

Whether you dream about an amazing library or not, I encourage everyone to read; if you do not like reading you may have not found something you like, but, trust me there is a book out there for everyone. Do not give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment